Estimated reading time: 2 minute(s)
Anti-cold chocolate? Where do I sign up? It’s that time of year again…but the good news is there are things we can do to fight off the headaches, sneezing, and congestion.
If you’re still reading this I’m sure you’re asking yourself- but, how? The key is to strengthen our immune system, which as we know is what helps us fight off foreign substances, whether they be viruses, bacteria, or foreign cells ….think of it as a protective shield.
Although the immune system can depend a lot on our genetics there are things that we can do to boost it, especially when it comes to diet.
Antibacterial and Antioxidant Foods
There are many foods in the world that act as natural medicines that help protect us against viruses and diseases that we should include in our diet. Some good examples to help ward off the flu are, turmeric, blueberries, eggs… and the all-mighty chicory fiber.
Ever heard of chicory fiber? Well, it is a herbaceous perennial plant that has been used for its healing and medicinal properties since the beginning of time. You can check out more in this post.
Chicory Fiber- Natures Armor
- Its antibacterial, antioxidant, and phytochemical properties are very effective in defending against contracting diseases.
- It contains up to 30 antioxidant components, which are essential in preventing skin, ear, and other serious pathologies.
- Contains prebiotics that helps our intestinal health. If our microbiota is healthy, the body is healthy and strong.
One of the most common ways to consume chicory is in a drink similar to coffee where it has been infused. However, I wanted to spice things up today and bring you something a bit more enticing and easy to access. A chocolate bar made with chicory and a formula that helps boost the immune system thus better preparing your body to ward off possible colds or the flu. Who wouldn’t want that?
Chicory infused chocolate to fight off colds
Natruly’s anti-cold chocolate bars use chicory root fiber to get:
- A delicious, creamy texture.
- a good source of natural fiber to improve digestion.
- a sweet mouth-watering flavor without the need for sugar, sweeteners, or polyalcohols… which is often found in other chocolates
What else does Chicory do?
- It has non-digestible carbohydrates and prebiotics: Chicory prebiotics prevent constipation, kill the “bad” bacteria in the intestine, improve digestion, and detoxify the body.
- Low in calories: Chicory contains less than 20 kcal per 100 grams of chicory.
- It’s filling: Its high fiber content makes us feel full sooner which keeps us from “snacking” continuously.
- High concentration of vitamins and minerals: some of which stand out are its calcium, iron, potassium, magnesium, and phosphorus contents.
- Rejuvenates: It’s also a source of antioxidants such as beta-carotene and provitamin A, which is a protective ingredient against free radicals that cause oxidative stress and premature aging.
You can enjoy this healthy chocolate that helps fight against colds in several ways:
Chocolate-covered peanuts: Cacao & Nuts
4 different flavors of these magnificent Chocolate Bars