Estimated reading time: 2 minute(s)
Not all dairy products are of the same quality or provide us with the same nutrients. There are a large number of lactose intolerances that many people develop today and intestinal health problems that do not stop proliferating. So, today I have decided to collect the healthiest and most digestive dairy products for the majority of the population.
Even so, my advice is always to listen to your body and that if a product suits you, continue consuming it.
It has a much creamier and thicker texture than regular yogurt, more protein, less lactose and also less sugar. I love eating it daily and mixing in fruit, granola, seeds, dates, cocoa powder …
Don’t be afraid to use it. Since it has been very criticised by its excess fat. But, you already know that fat is necessary and even more so the saturated fat that this delicious product contains. Make sure you buy organic butter, sourced from grass-fed cows and do not substitute for margarine, this product is an artificial creation made from processed vegetable oils.
3 Nutritional properties:
- It favors intestinal transit and improves stress: Its high content of probiotics improves the microbiota and due to this close relationship between the intestine and the brain, a consumption of yogurt causes fewer episodes of stress, anxiety and depression, according to some studies.
- Takes care of the heart: its habitual consumption is related to a decrease in blood pressure, as well as a reduction in the risk of type 2 diabetes.
- Protects bones and muscles: its high protein and calcium content helps to build muscle mass and reduce the risk of osteoporosis.
Like yogurt, kefir is a probiotic dairy that is obtained by fermenting milk. Kefir is more digestive, its texture is more liquid than yogurt and its flavor more acidic. I recommend that you try it! You can find cow’s milk kefir, but also sheep or goat’s milk and their flavours are very different.
3 Nutritional properties:
- Rich in calcium: A 200 ml glass of kefir contains 254 milligrams of calcium (30% of the recommended daily amount). Calcium contributes to the normal function of muscles, digestive enzymes and ensures good bone health.
- Iodine for the nervous system: And also for the proper functioning of the thyroid gland. It has 24.3g of iodine per 100 grams. Just one glass would cover almost a third of the daily recommendations (150 mg / day).
- Magic probiotics: Regenerate the intestinal flora, rebalance the mycobiota, protect against digestive infections. Studies do not stop coming out extolling it as an essential food.