Estimated reading time: 2 minute(s)
Are you a cheese lover? If so, you’ll be happy to know that they contain healthy fats and as we learned in the last post our body needs them. A lack of fat can cause fatigue, depression, and constipation among other things.
Fats are making a comeback thanks to many studies corroborating their importance. We couldn’t be happier because high-fat foods tend to be the most irresistible and rich foods to our palate.
My favorite way to get some healthy fat is through cheese, hands down. I think every recipe is better with a little cheese: pizza, sandwiches, meat, tortillas, salads you name it, it’s probably better with cheese.
What are the benefits of cheese?
- It has high biological value proteins: This is especially useful for athletes, very active people, children, and teens. Don’t forget that proteins create the foundation of our body and repair tissues.
- Great source of Calcium: One of the foods that contain the most calcium, a super interesting mineral it keeps our bones and teeth healthy and balances our nervous and muscular system.
- Source of vitamins: Rich in vitamins A and D, which help the body absorb calcium. It’s also rich in B vitamins, including B12, B9 (folic acid), B1 (thiamine), and B2 (riboflavin).
- Hardly any lactose: Cheese has some of the lowest levels of lactose, thanks to its production process; which is why many times people who are lactose intolerant or have digestive issues can enjoy cheese. Note- the more cured the cheese is, the less lactose it contains.
- Low in carbs and sometimes is even carb-free: During the cheese-making process, the carbohydrates are almost completely eliminated.
- Good for the heart: The fat present in cheese can help keep blood sugar levels under control, promoting the proper functioning of the cardiovascular system. It can even be very beneficial for the control of diabetes.
- Fats: Its high-fat content makes cheese a good source of energy and essential fatty acids.
Natruly’s Cheesy Snacks is the best way to enjoy some cheese anytime, anywhere. It’s a great on-the-go snack, that is healthy and free of additives (preservatives, flavor enhancers, salt, sugar, oils…) unlike the traditional ultra-processed snacks we often find at the supermarket.
Crunchy round delights with just one ingredient: Gouda cheese!
Did you know that Cheesy Snacks became our best-seller right after it was launched?
One of the best things about these gouda Cheesy Snacks is that they are completely carb-free!
Gouda cheese is very rich in fat and low in carbohydrates. This is thanks to the absence of lactose (milk sugar). When the bacteria is added to the milk to make the cheese, the cheese is acidified, the sugars are then converted into lactic acid and the carbohydrates almost completely disappear. Meaning, milk has carbohydrates but cheese doesn’t. These carbs transform and disintegrate during the cheese-making process.
Thanks to its composition (fat, protein, and the absence of carbohydrates) it is the perfect food for keto followers. Eliminating carbs from your diet lowers inflammation, decreases blood sugar levels helping to prevent diseases such as diabetes, and overall leaves you feeling full faster, which is especially great when you want to lose weight.