Estimated reading time: 1 minute(s)
Most recipes in autumn use pumpkin as their main ingredient, especially for Halloween. I’ve decided to make some festive muffins. Now, if you’ve never tried Pumpkin mixed with cheese you’re missing out! I guarantee this will be a hit with everyone (you can never go wrong with bacon added in).
Delicious yet healthy.
- Antioxidants: carotenes, coumarins, and lycopene are some of the antioxidants you will get with this recipe and they help fight off cell aging.
- Thanks to tryptophan it helps you to fall asleep.
- Improves mood
- Good source of energy
- Has a high percentage of Vitamin A which is good for your eyesight and skin.
- Prevents colds and infections by boosting the immune system.
- Helps to maintain weight: it is very filling, high in fiber, and helps to combat fluid retention.
Pumpkin Muffins Stuffed with Bacon and Cheese
- 500 gr pumpkin
- 40 gr butter
- 1 egg
- 75 gr quinoa Flour
- 75 gr tapioca Flour
- 60 gr parmesan Cheese
Cook the pumpkin with a little salt. When tender, remove and place in a bowl.
Add salt, pepper, and butter and mash the mixture with a fork until it has a smooth, mash-like texture.
Add the grated Parmesan cheese, egg, and flour. Work the mixture in well so that everything is completely combined.
Make small balls and place a piece of cheese and a piece of bacon in the center.
Flatten the ball a little and then place it in the frying pan, over medium heat until golden brown on the outside.
If you want to keep enjoying pumpkin recipes and all it has to offer try this Warm Roasted Pumpkin Cream Soup.