Estimated reading time: 2 minute(s)
For many people, drinking celery juice in the morning on an empty stomach has become part of their essential healthy routine. This super juice is known for its countless benefits, especially its power to debloat and give our skin a healthy glow.
#CeleryJuice has become a trendy hashtag in the health food world. Anthony Williams, an American who is the creator of Medical Medium, claims that this juice has healing properties, and has contributed to much of this fever.
Benefits of Celery
Celery belongs to the Apiaceae family along with parsley, fennel, carrots… Although it can be found all year round, it is a winter vegetable.
It is super crunchy, slightly salty, very low in calories, and contains a lot of water. The reason for its powerful odor is due to its high concentrations of vegetable hormones and oils. It’s a must in smoothies and salads because it’s full of vitamins A, K, C, B, beta-carotene, calcium, iron, magnesium, potassium, manganese, phosphorus…
All of these translate into many interesting benefits for the body:
- Detoxifies the liver.
- Improves digestion.
- Improves Dental Hygiene
- Boosts the immune system.
- Reduces inflammation so it is very useful in cases of arthritis and rheumatism.
“Did you know that in Japan they make month-long anti-rheumatic cures based solely on celery?”
- Assists in weight loss.
- Reduces bloating.
- Combats skin problems such as acne, eczema, psoriasis, rosacea…
- Helps to eliminate heavy metals from the body.
- Prevents high blood pressure.
- Helps prevent UTI (Urinary Tract Infections).
- Prevents ulcers.
- Protects liver health.
- Calming effect: very useful in the treatment of anxiety, stress, and insomnia.
“Did you know that during the Middle Ages celery was used to combat gallstones, constipation, menstrual problems, and liver and gallbladder disorders?”
Challenge ALERT: I challenge you to drink celery juice with me every morning for a month. Are you in?
Tips on how to maximize the benefits of Celery Juice
- Choose organically grown celery to ensure all its properties and that it is free of toxins, pesticides.
- Drink it on an empty stomach, so your body can take full advantage of all the properties this food offers.
- Wait at least half an hour before eating anything else: this allows the body to digest and process it correctly.
- Don’t mix celery with other foods. The juice is simply from the celery.
- Celery should be eaten raw so that it doesn’t lose its properties through the cooking process.
- Drink it right away: it’s best to drink this as fresh as possible. This isn’t something that you want to make a day ahead of time.
- Half a liter is a good amount.
- 1 good handful of organic celery
Cut off the end of the celery stalks.
Clean them very well with water to remove any dirt or impurities.
Chop the celery and place it in the blender. Blend very well.
Strain and squeeze until all the juice comes out.
You can use a blender or a juicer for this process.