Estimated reading time: 1 minute(s)
A low-carb Asian Rice? Try it with this recipe, Asian Style Cauliflower Rice which is low carb and good for people with Celiac’s Disease: a delicious and creative way to add more veggies into your diet. Learn about all the advantages of this recipe.
- Good for people with Celiac’s Disease
- Low in carbohydrates
- Provides good vitamins and minerals
- Transports your taste buds to Asia
- It’s easy to make
If you’re looking for ways to include more vegetables into your diet and reduce the number of carbs, your eating then this Asian Style Cauliflower Rice is for you. Additionally, this dish is loaded with vitamins and minerals that are sure to keep your metabolism working right. Cauliflower belongs to the cruciferous family, its versatile use makes it perfect as a main dish, as a garnish or even as a substitute for other ingredients. Cauliflower has many nutritional properties.
- Low in carbohydrates, high concentration of water, and is packed with essential amino acids.
- High level of vitamins and minerals, specifically Vitamins from groups B and C, as well as minerals such as potassium, phosphorus, and magnesium.
- High fiber content, excellent for keeping and maintaining the microbiota in our intestines healthy.
- Source of antioxidants, which help counteract the activity of free radicals in the body.
- Good diuretic and purifier, due to the quantity of water and high mineral content.
ASIAN STYLE CAULIFLOWER RICE
For the Cauliflower Rice
- 1/2 Cauliflower
- 1 carrot
- 1 Red Bell Pepper
- 1 Red Onion
- 1 Zucchini
- Black Sesame Seeds (optional)
For the Sauce
- 4 tbsp Tamari Sauce
- 2 tbsp Natural Athlete Peanut Butter
- 1 tbsp Apple Cider Vinegar
- 2 tbsp Fresh Garlic
- 1 tbsp Fresh Ginger
Chop the cauliflower into chunks small enough so you can put it in the food processor which you will then chop for a few seconds until you get a consistency similar to rice. If you don't have a food processor you can get that same consistency using a grater or a knife to chop the cauliflower into very small pieces.
Clean and dice up the carrot, red pepper, zucchini, and red onion. Then sauté them in a pan with a little olive oil. Also, if you prefer, you can steam these vegetables for 5 or 10 minutes
While you are cooking the vegetables, take this time to sauté the cauliflower rice in a different frying pan with a splash of oil, once finished place it to the side.
Now, start making the sauce. Add the tamarind sauce, the peanut butter, the apple cider vinegar, the garlic, and the ginger into a blender and mix until all the ingredients are thoroughly combined.
Next add the cauliflower rice, the cooked vegetables, and the Asian sauce into the same pan. Stir everything well until combined.
Decorate the Asian Cauliflower Rice with some black sesame seeds sprinkled on top, or pair it with your favorite protein and, enjoy! If there are any leftovers, you can keep it in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 3 to 4 days.
I suggest pairing this recipe with the Thai Style Chicken in Cashew Sauce.
If you liked this Asian Style Cauliflower Rice then don’t miss out on these other cauliflower recipes:
Foie on Crispy Cauliflower Topped with an Apricot Jam
Cream of Broccoli and Cauliflower with Bone Broth